Monday, September 15, 2014

Vintage Keepsake Box

Hello! Today I have a box that I altered to share with you. You will have to forgive me because I dug into (again!) my favorite paper stash. Graphic 45 has the perfect paper to use for altered items that will be displayed around your home.



I knew I wanted a vintage feel to my box, then I decided to make it masculine. I imagined what sort of things a boy might collect in this box. I just moved that collection to the top of the box.


The patterned papers were trimmed to fit the sides and top of the box. I inked the edges and applied the papers to the box. I sealed the papers with matte soft gel, because I used dye ink; I did not want the ink to come off on fingers as this piece is meant to be handled. I trimmed the flourish laser cuts,  I cut one flourish in half so it could work like a latch. Flourish B's flowers were removed. I painted the latch and corners. The corners were painted black with my eyes shut (on purpose), and I was able to ink the bare spots brown.  


Thanks for stopping by and checking out my altered keepsake box. Have a great day!




1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Brilliant, Lee! Love this box... and I'm not even a boy... :D