Saturday, September 6, 2014

Edna says O is for One!



It's that time again!  Time for the next challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.  Edna challenges you to use one color, making a monochrome card.  

Here is what I put together for this challenge.  I found a piece of light blue cardstock that matched Tumbled Glass Distress ink.  The card stock became my foundation for the card.  I then used the Tim Holtz Sizzx die and embossing folder to make this dragonfly.  May I insert my pet peeve here?  Of course I may.  It's my blog.  This die and embossing folder set does not match.  The embossing folder has the antennae of the dragon fly while the die does not.  Even though I had the die, I still wound up fussy cutting the embossed dragonfly so it could have antennae!


Rant over.

I used Tumbled Glass and Broken China Distress inks on the dragonfly and its shadow.  Then I found the piece of blue fiber in my ribbon stash.  I had just enough fiber to edge the card with.  It's only taken me seven years to use that fiber up!  

Show us your one color card.  You have two weeks to complete this mission if you choose to accept it.  Link up your entry here.  And please, stop by and visit my fellow snarky stamping sisters to see what they have put together for this challenge.

Our guest designing current Queen of Snark,

and the DT

Thanks for stopping by!  It's always a pleasure to have you visit!











6 comments:

Lynn's Place said...

blues ...one of my fave colors...great job...tfs

Lindsey said...

I am always very happy when I find a paper that matches an ink -- possibly because it happens so seldom. ;) And no antennae on the die is most definitely rant-worthy! All that aside, this is a gorgeous monochromatic card, Lee!

Donna said...

I adore that dragonfly image!
You fussy cut it??
UGH
I would have die cut it and said he'd had some sort of terrible antennae removing industrial accident...lol
Fab job matching the ink to the paper for this one!

Jessi Fogan said...

LOL @ Donna...industrial accident. I can relate to the fussy-cutting need. I mean, dude, he needs antennae. SCORE on using up that fiber! I can also relate to the 7-year supply :)

Anne said...

So glad you fussy cut the antennae, how would he manage without! Stunning card
Thanks so much for letting me join the Sisters this week
Anne
x

Karen Schroeder said...

Why would they make a matching die without all the parts? Crazy! Your fussy cutting is fantastic...love how you stitched with the fiber! Gorgeous!