Thursday, September 25, 2014

Happy Life Wooden Tag

Hello friends!

I have a small project to share with you today. I decorated one of Unique Laser Design's wooden tags. The tags come as a set of three, so I culled one from the herd.



The tag was given a layer of gesso, then sprayed with various mists while the gesso was still wet. I then immediately misted parts of the tag with water so the mist would look marbled. After the tag was dry, I inked a stencil on the left side. The rub-ons were added next.

I cut out paper embellishments and glued them down with gel medium.  I must have really enjoyed the gel medium, because I decided to add it over the whole tag.  Remember to use a dabbing motion when adding gel adhesive over dye ink because it will smear with your brush strokes. Once the gel had been applied, I sprinkled micro-beads over the tag. When micro-beads are applied the only sensible thing to do is add another layer of gel medium to seal those little guys in! I also gave the curly tree embellishment micro-bead treatment.

The tag was finished off with the Curly Tree laser cut, also from ULD; flowers and ribbon. Thanks for stopping by and having a look!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Your gessoed/misted background looks fabulous! Gorgeous tag.