Saturday, February 4, 2017

Pussy Grabs Back


Hello! Are you ready for a new challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers? Our newest is #77: O is for Outrageous. I really did try to get Edna to look outrageous.  I don't think tattoos and piercings  are outrageous.  Yes, there are some people that go really far that leave you thinking, "why?" However I do find some body modifications to be outrageous.  Edna has an example here, called the "bagel head," which was a fad in Japan about five years ago.  Why did they do it? Because they could, that's why. I'm adding a picture here to show you proof that I did not make this up on my own.  


I had a bug bite once that made my eye swell closed for three days once. I would hate for all this fluid to go to the wrong spot!

Some of you may be following the news in the U.S. Let's just say I'm not too happy about current events, I could even say that I find them outrageous. One of the first things I did was join the Women's March, and I took my daughter, who will be able to vote in the next elections. A week after the march, I art journaled it.

I drew a girl in her pink pussy hat (which some people found outrageous and offensive, but not offensive enough to NOT vote for the dirt bag who bragged about being able to grab any pussy he wanted and was rich enough to get away with). The girl is holding one of my favorite protest signs.  The upside down flag signals that our country is in distress, while the stars fall off showing the division of political ideals. These stars are falling onto the weeping Statue of Liberty.






I did blur out my journaling as it was not safe for work. I drew the protester, colored her with Copic markers. The stamp is from a Dr Who inspired plate from Viva Las Vegas stamps, colored with Distress Markers. The paints are Dylusions, while the clip art is from pictures I found online, along with the sign my daughter carried. I don't expect anyone to agree with me, but I am still feeling very outraged.  Yes, see how I bent the challenge there :)

If you want to play along and show the Sisterhood something outrageous, you have until 2355 EST (11:55 p.m.) on Friday, February 17, to submit your outrageous offering HERE. Please visit my fellow Snarky Sisters to see how outrageous they have gotten for this challenge:

Our Current Queen of Snark, Queen Michelle

Snarky Sisters

I hope you weren't outraged by my outrageousness!






9 comments:

Jane Willis said...

I'm outraged indeed - but not by what YOU have done. I think this is a beautiful piece of work that tells a story that needs to be told. I'm not American but nevertheless that weeping Liberty in the corner brought a lump to my throat.

Jane

Barbara Godden said...

This is brilliant, I think the current events or should I say ONGOING events are Outrageous. Thanks for bringing current events to light in your journal.Beautiful job.

Dotty Jo said...

Great artwork, Sistah! This really encapsulates how so many of us feel around the world right now, Jo x

Chris Dring said...

I can't love your art journal pages enough! They are not only amazingly drawn and painted, but perfectly say what a majority of people (women, and men also) think about the current asshat running this country. I will proudly say that I did NOT vote for that fucktard.

Printable Art said...

OMG this is fabulous and the statement so perfect!! We stand proudly with you sister!!
Great Job!

DonnaMundinger said...

Fabulous sentiment and great page! Now tell me how you REALLY feel. LOL I think it's gonna take awhile to get over bagel head, though. EEEK! xxD

Lindsey said...

A new reason to break out my VLVS Dr Who stamps. Your land to my south is worth outrage right now, and this journal page captures this perfectly. (Your Canadian sistahs wanted you to move here!)

Donna said...

Solidarity sistah!
How can you be a woman, a mum of a daughter, a human and NOT be outraged and offended.
Love you, love your project.
Bagel head still freaks me out though...
PS I like sister Chris's use of the word fucktard in her comment, so much so that I felt the need to repeat it...

HolyLise said...

That bagel head... brrr... outrageous indeed

Love your art! It really speaks to me and I couldn't agree more with you! Thanks for being so open and forward with this. I think there are not enough people who are.