Saturday, April 30, 2016

Quilts aren't Paper!

Q is for Quilting 

Challenge 58, Q is for Quilts, encourages you to use paper piecing or a quilt theme on your project. I did a bit a paper piecing on a card for my example. I found this idea of using circles to make flowers, so here is my version.  The PP is from Kaisercraft's Jubilee collection. 

My card did not have snark, and I couldn't disappoint anyone that came here looking for snark, so I have decided to continue with another altered playing card.  It has some "paper pieces" so it fits the challenge theme, right?


sparkles!

If you want to play along in our paper piecing challenge, you have until 11:55 pm EDT on Friday May 13 to upload your project. Please visit our reigning Queen of Snark, Abzappel, and my fellow Snarky Sisters to see what they have made for you with their paper piecing skills!  We have adopted two new sisters, so say hello to Majo and Dotty Jo!

Thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome collage card, great use of punches for the flowers. Your altered playing card is super too, giggled at the sentiment.

Lynne Mizera said...

Seriously... YOU ALWAYS make me laugh out loud! " I thought of you today and it PISSED ME OFF!" Ha! Ha! Ha! ... I WILL be using this on something very soon...probably today.... Thanks for making me laugh Yet AGAIN Sistaaah!

Dotty Jo said...

Fabulous and funny! You are so talented, Jo x

Lindsey said...

Card... beautiful. Altered playing card... awesome and for some people I accidentally think of, sadly true.

Jane Willis said...

I love both cards but the second really made me laugh, I'm having exactly that kind of day, the kind when EVERYBODY makes me feel like that!
Jane

Donna said...

Holy crap those are awesome! I love the collage-y-ness of the first one and of course the snark in the second.
Fab take on the challenge sistah