Saturday, April 16, 2016

Embrace the Embossabilities



It's time to play along with the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers again!  Our latest and greatest challenge is E is for Embossing.  You can emboss your favorite way, with a folder,  or with a heat tool and  embossing powder. To join in all you need to do is include embossing (if you can serve your embossing up with a side of snark, even better)!

I went with heat embossing on my altered playing card.  First I used clear gesso on the card, heat embossed and finally painted the card and rubbed the paint off from the embossed areas. I also added a bit of ink to tone down the bright blues.  The background paper was first painted, then embossed, then painted in black.

My gentleman is from Tumble Fish Studios and the brilliant words are from Lisa's Altered Art.

Wanna play along and join the Sisterhood?? Of course you do...
You have until 11:55 pm EDT on Friday April 29 to upload your project on the Sisterhood homepage.   Please take a look at what my Snarky Sisters and our guest designer, Jane, have made for you this challenge. Thanks for stopping by!

I really liked my card and thought I would enter these challenges:

10 comments:

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Love it, sentiment scores major points.

Chris Dring said...

This is just embossed, inky, snarky perfection!

Lynne Mizera said...

Ok... You made me Laugh OUT LOUD and scare the hubby! Grin... Oh How I LOVE your sense of humour and your ability to track down amazing-ly funny stuff! One Day Sistaaaah... we will laugh together in the same room!!!

Donna said...

Pfffffffffffffffffft...dumb ass whisperer...that's awesome!
I think next year we should have a challenge based around altered playing cards because THIS.IS.AWESOME!!!

Dotty Jo said...

Totally brilliant! Great card, made me spit coffee everywhere, Jo x

Lindsey said...

I have to try this! Of course, can't outs nark this. ;)

Jo Ann said...

Love the color combo and masculine take on your card. So glad you joined last week's Challenge and would like to invite you to link with us again in our brand new Challenge starting today at 613 Avenue Create. Have a blessed week!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Marian said...

AWESOME!

Barbara Godden said...

Wonderful masculine altered playing card, oh guess I need clear gesso now. Awesome job.

Jenny Marples said...

I rather love it too! Great embossed background for your playing card. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie x