Monday, November 10, 2014

Thanks Tea You

Hello Everyone!  

I had been offered the opportunity to be a guest designer at Craft Hoarders Anonymous and today I am able to share my first project for them.  This was created for their "For All That You Do, Thank You" challenge.

Here is the challenge information stolen directly from their blog:

Challenge #19 For All that You Do, Thank You!
Create a "thank you" gift for this challenge. It can be a Thanksgiving hostess gift or a simple thank you card. It can be a "thanks for helping me out of a jam" present, or a "thanks for being you" scrapbook layout. As long as your project says, "THANKS," enter the challenge! We want to see you de-hoard some of your stash and say thanks to someone! (Your project does not have to be Thanksgiving-themed!)

You still have a week to play in Challenge #19! You have until midnight PT November 16th to link up your creation. CLICK HERE to see the challenge post and LINK your project!



This project had to say "Thanks" in some way.  I decided a washi tape tin turned into a small tea box would make a nice little thank you gift.  


This is not my usual style.  I am not a shabby girl at heart, but I thought that a tea tin would look great in this style.  The fairy in the tea cup has been inspired by one of my favorite paper artists, Renea Bouquets.  I would say that this tin is my homage to her.  Click here to see the project of hers that I just love.

I have waited a year to put a fairy in a tea cup!  I hope I did Renea proud.  

Thanks for stopping by and having a peek!





Want details?

The paper, wood embellishments*, and flowers are all Prima. 
The tea cup and saucer and paper border are Silhouette files.
Tiny tag is a QuicKutz die, with computer generated font.
Alphabet stamp is Stampers Anonymous (Staz-On).
Distress Ink: Worn Lipstick, Pumice Stone, Brushed Corduroy.
Lindy's Stamp Gang: Alpine Ice Rose, Wild Honeysuckle Coral.
Liquitex Gesso.
Lace.
Cheesecloth.
Tin: Cavallini & Co.



 *except for the butterfly, which was thrown into my box of wood embellishments.  Its origin has been long forgotten.  

7 comments:

Gloria Stengel said...

Shabby is not your style?! Well, you do it very well. This is spectacular! I love all the details and the colors! And the fact that it is a hidden box is so wonderful. Thanks so much for guest designing with Craft Hoarders Anonymous this month! I am so please to feature your work!

Glenda said...

Shabby should definitely "be" your style! This is simply beautiful. So much attention to detail and I love the flowers! Thanks for being a guest designer for Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

wendipooh13 said...

oh my gosh how gorgeous is your box!!! Totally just stunning!!!! congrats on being a GDT at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!!!

Lindsey said...

So it may not be your go-to style, but this is absolutely gorgeous!

Monica said...

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love it....

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This is shabby-licious! I don't know what your usual style is, but you seem to have a knack for shabby chic! I love the fairy in the teacup! Gorgeous! Thanks for being our guest designer at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Chris Dring said...

Oh Wow, Lee! This is absolutely GORGEOUS!