Saturday, September 21, 2013

Simple Sketches #4

Hello and good morning. Today I am here (I am always here, where are you?) with the newest sketch from Simple Sketches.  Our lovely Melissa has designed us another great sketch.  


Here is my take:


I can explain this.  I told the Simple Sketches crew that I had Halloween brain.  My kids are getting older.  Mostly this is a good thing, but I realized that it's half way through September and they haven't asked to go to the Halloween store.  They have no interest in trick or treating.  I offered to buy costumes so they can sit on the front porch and hand out candy (as long as it's not snowing).  They are not interested.  I almost felt like crying.  

Maybe it's that Halloween is my favorite holiday.  Halloween is fantasy and magic and fun and chocolate all in one night.  What's not to love?

Maybe I have to face that this year they don't want to dress up.  Last year was a fluke and they wore complimentary costumes.  This might not be a bad thing.  Have you seen the costumes they offer women?  I don't want my daughter in those!  How about this costume?



No comments: