Friday, February 15, 2013

Red Velvet Cake at The Paper Mixing Bowl

This month's recipe at the Paper Mixing Bowl sure is yummy.  Red Velvet Cake!

I believe that I met my requirements for this recipe.  I used the colors Red Velvet, Rich Cream, and Steeped Tea.  

This LO is definatly layered!  I used stamped muslin, the Red Velvet paper, matted photos, and finished off with the swirly Dusty Attic chipboard. 

 For the frosting, I used Art Athology's Chocolate Sorbet and a Prima Mask.  The chipboard is also painted with Art Anthology sorbets. 

My postage related item are stamps. I tea dyed the muslin for the "spill something" requirement and I also used a splatter stamp on the LO.  Hearts and flowers are present.  My LO is contains more than one photo. 

As for the pairs, I even made a pair of pears!  In the optional journaling requirement, it said to use a children's Valentine.  I made my own with the pears and it said "Together we make a perfect pair."  Yup, I'm just that dorky.  Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: