Thursday, August 15, 2013

Anything Goes at About a Boy!

It is "Anything Goes" for the August mid-month challenge at About A Boy.  You still have to include that special guy in your life.  This month I chose my husband.  

The story behind this sketch is that I do not like to fly.  My husband LOVES to fly.  He grew up wanting to be a pilot.  His job has let him fly helicopters and airplanes.  He received his private pilot's license in 2009 (ish).  Did I mention that I don't like to fly?

As he is getting close to retirement, he wants to build his own airplane.  He was considering a one seater.  I thought that seemed pretty lonely and I was regretting that I have not taken part of one of his favorite things in life.  So I finally crawled into that tiny plane and let him take me for a ride.

This is the plane.  


I took this with my iPhone as proof that I was 1,000 feet in the air.




My "Anything Goes" lay out, "Fly With Me."


Am I not lovely in a headset?  All I know is that my husband was ecstatic that I finally flew.  He remained in disbelief for a whole week.

  I was fine.  No panic attack.  Didn't get airsick.  I think I can travel this way!  No regrets, baby!

3 comments:

Lynn Good said...

great story and awesome layout

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Really enjoyed reading your post...how exciting but scary it must have been...not the layout but the flying. ;)

Awesome layout with tres cool colors!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Awesome layout!!!!