Saturday, March 31, 2012


I found this dining set at a second hand store and picked it up for $400. I recovered the 6 chairs and refinished the table top. When I had to move a year later, I had to sell the set because it was too large for my new house. I was so disappointed that I could not keep this furniture. 
This lay out is was done for a Scraps of Darkness challenge where we had to use a version of the word "disappoint." I have been wanting to do a LO about my dining set and this challenge provided the opportunity and the Scraps of Darkness February kit, Victoriana, was a perfect fit. TFL!

Thursday, March 22, 2012

I won a contest.  One of my "Dark Sisters," a fellow subscriber of the Scraps of Darkness kit, hosted a challenge.  The challenge was called "The Bubbachooka Fugly Swap."  We had to go through our old, unwanted scrap supplies and pull out the things we would never use anymore, and then we had to swap our fuglies in the mail.  This was my winning entry.  I tried not to alter the supplies with paint or mist or markers too much, and it helped that it was in early February.  I swapped fuglies with Escape Kitty, and that is her in the pictures.

Thanks for hosting the contest, Bubba!  I am very excited to receive my prize in the mail (it's coming from Australia!)

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

This LO was done for a challenge over at Scraps of Darkness. We were supposed to tell everyone whether we "Tell it like is," or whether we believe that we are "People Pleasers." I chose this lovely image of a high wire walker to illustrate that when it comes to my family, I am the People Pleaser. I want everyone to be happy. I tried to make the LO feel overwhelming and chaotic, because that is how I feel inside when I know I am letting a loved one down and I have hurt their feelings. 

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I love this photo, it shows my daughter's sense of humor. She wanted to wear the flags in her hair. As for the LO its self, I was playing with cardstock. I began with a white piece of CS, sprayed it with glimmer mist, then used gel medium over a doily, which I then removed, exposing the negative image of the doily. This sheet was stitched to another piece of cardstock. The stars are made with gesso and texturing beads, followed with paint, mist and Stickles. TFL

Sunday, March 11, 2012

I Will Share

After much fiddling and pondering, I have decided to share my blog.  Thanks for looking.